What do you put in a baby’s guest book?
Here are some of my favorites.
- “Remember baby, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you know.”
- “ …
- “A new baby, a new life, and new beginning.”
How many guests should you have at a baby shower?
In that case, a typical number of guests for a shower will usually fall between 20 and 50. You may choose to host more than one event or get everyone together at the same time. Whatever works best for the guest of honor and the host. Also, remember that it is perfectly fine to keep your event small if you wish.
How do you welcome guests at a baby shower?
Often, a baby shower hostess gives a short speech to welcome the guests, and honor the mom-to-be.
Speech From the Hostess
- Mention the mother-to-be by name.
- Briefly discuss how you know the guest of honor.
- Offer thanks to any other hostesses of the shower.
- Take a moment to welcome everyone to the event.
What should a guest wear to a baby shower?
What Should I Wear to a Baby Shower as a Guest?
- Drawstring linen pants with a relaxed-fit, lightweight ¾, sleeve tunic for a breathable choice.
- Casual summer pantsuit with a flowing cardigan.
- Wide-legged jumpsuit with spaghetti straps that will help you keep cool, and if you’re chilly, throw a light jacket over top.
What do you write in a baby shower card instead of a book?
A new baby, a new life, and new beginning. May every story you read bring your inspirations of adventure. Enjoy every moment with your new little. These are going to be the most magical and memorable moments of your life.
How many guests is too many for a baby shower?
Limit the guest list to close friends and family. (Hint: It should not come as a surprise to anyone on the guest list that there is a baby on the way!) Keep in mind that if your home can hold only 20 people comfortably, inviting more is doing no one a favor.
What should you not say at a baby shower?
19 Things You Shouldn’t Say At A Baby Shower
- “Don’t you miss drinking?” …
- “I would never bring a child into this world right now.” …
- “Are you afraid you’re going to tear?” …
- “Have you thought about naming the baby after your father-in-law, Herb?” …
- “This game is kind of dumb.” …
- “I understand EXACTLY what you’re going through!
Do I have to open gifts at my baby shower?
A: Recent trends in baby shower events have changed. … As much as guests would love for the mom-to-be to open their gifts, proper etiquette is respecting her wishes and not asking her to open the presents during the shower. Once one gift is opened, a chain reaction will start and everyone will want theirs opened too.