What are the four major developmental areas of child development?
Four major areas
- Motor development. Motor development includes gross and fine motor skills. …
- Cognitive development. From birth, babies are already developing cognitive abilities such as thinking, memory, attention, reasoning, and planning. …
- Emotional development. …
- Social development.
What are the four child development stages?
Here are the four stages of cognitive development as identified by Jean Piaget:
- Sensorimotor Stage: Birth through about 2 years. …
- Preoperational Stage: Ages 2 through 7. …
- Concrete Operational Stage: Ages 7 through 11. …
- Formal Operational Stage: Ages 11 and older.
What are the areas of child development?
Scientists describe child development as cognitive, social, emotional, and physical.
What are the 7 areas of development?
We’ll now take a brief look at each of these 7 areas and why they are important.
- Communication and language development. …
- Physical development. …
- Personal, social, and emotional development. …
- Literacy development. …
- Mathematics. …
- Understanding the world. …
- Expressive arts and design.
What are the 5 areas of development?
The Five Areas of Development is a holistic approach to learning for Cerebral, Emotional, Physical, Social and Spiritual development.
What are the most critical years in a child’s development?
Parent Tip. Recent brain research indicates that birth to age three are the most important years in a child’s development.
What age is a child most influenced?
Formal cultural consensus analysis of responses met criteria for strong agreement that the period for greatest impact of parenting on a child’s development occurs at adolescence, at a median age of 12 years.
Is 14 years old a child?
Legally, the term child may refer to anyone below the age of majority or some other age limit. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines child as “a human being below the age of 18 years unless under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier”.
What are the 4 aspects of development?
Physical, social, emotional and cognitive development.
What do pies mean in child development?
I love the acronym PIES – Physical, Intellectual, Emotional, and Social Development.
What are some examples of emotional development?
Skills like bouncing back from being teased or sitting still in a group to listen to a story are all examples of healthy social and emotional development. They involve the ability to manage feelings and impulses which are needed to grow and learn.
What are the three areas of infant development?
- Baby Brain Map (Zero to Three)
- Brain Development (Zero to Three)
- Emotional and Social Development: 4 to 7 Months (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Emotional and Social Development: 8 to 12 Months (American Academy of Pediatrics)
What are the principles of child development?
Child Development Principles
- Physical – the development and growth of the child’s body, muscles, and senses.
- Social – how the child relates, plays and talks to others.
- Emotional – the child’s awareness of self, how the child feels about himself, expression of feelings and how he helps care for himself.